Crowded teeth symptoms and complications
Teeth crowding symptoms and complications extend beyond aesthetics. Left untreated, the misalignment caused by crowded teeth can lead to more serious dental and health issues. Take a look at the top eight reasons why fixing teeth crowding is important to your health and wellbeing.
Top eight reasons why fixing crowded teeth is important
- Realigning your teeth and jaw reduces overcrowded teeth pain while chewing.
- Teeth crowding treatment such as the Invisalign system may help restore confidence in your smile due to straighter teeth.
- Overcrowded teeth can rub each other, causing premature wear and tear.
- Misalignment of the teeth may cause jaw muscle stress, leading to neck and shoulder pain.
- Straightening crowded teeth makes cleaning your teeth easier, which can reduce the chances of tooth decay.
- When teeth overcrowding results in crooked or overlapping teeth, it's easier for food and bacteria to get trapped between them, which can lead to gum disease.
- In severe cases, overcrowded teeth can cause TMJ disorders with tenderness of the jaw and more serious overcrowded teeth pain.
- Early crowded teeth treatment may reduce the need for major intervention later on.